Sunday, January 13, 2013

Ringing in the New Year! Goodbye 2012 and Hello 2013

Hello my Honey's!!

Welcome to 2013!! Year of the Snake and Year of Pastel and Mod (in the fashion world), I know many of you are still feeling cooped up with the holidays and thats ok! Unfortunately for me, I spent the holidays coddling my Kleenex Box and Nyquil. I suffered from a severe cold which restricted me to just a heavy turtle neck and a snuggie (very fashionable- yes I know). If I were ready to go out and party, I would've worn something similar to exhibit A below.

New Years Look





2012's reintroduction of the ankle strap and glitz made legs look longer and sexier - cut to the hot Guiseppe Zanotti's above! I was so ready to make it work in my similar outfit- but that was thwarted by my unforeseen sickness. (Fail). January might be cold, but it is a great month to work bold colors and mix with heavier textures and accessories.

Janaury's birthstone is the Garnet. The Garnet according to www.aboutbirthstones.com  "continues to be the protective gem of journeyers. A gift of garnet is thought to be symbolic of love and the desire for a loved one's safe travel and speedy homecoming". So ladies, check out some cool Garnet items that you can incorporate into your wardrobe to keep you in trend with the stone of safe travel!!


Garnet




Pack these garnet colored items (especially the Roberto Cavalli cocktail dress and the Revlon Super Lustrous Rouge) when you travel and you will be the eye of everyone that passes!! Enjoy!!

Onyinye

No comments:

Get widget