Sunday, January 13, 2013

Awards Honey: My TOP 10 Fave Looks from the Golden Globes




Hello My Honey's,

If you weren't watching the Real Housewives of Atlanta, you were definitely watching the Golden Globes. I will be honest and say that there was way too much flesh tone and black gowns which made most of the red carpet a snooze fest, but I really enjoyed the looks of the actresses I selected below. I also was tired of seeing everyone do the "Angelina leg" when they posed. *Bore*.  I also wished that I saw more actresses of color... but I digress; check out my faves on the red carpet. Images are credited to Getty Images and AP!


The Honey Awards for best dressed on the Red Carpet for the Golden Globes goes to:

1) Nicole Richie in Naeem Khan Spring 2013, Best Lace Gown
Nicole Richie is no stranger to great taste, so it didn't surprise me when she chose this Naeem Khan stunner straight off the runway. Nicole you hit it right on the nail and I thank you for not falling into the gap of boring color on the red carpet this year.

2. Heidi Klum in Alexandre Vauthier  (Sexiest Gown) : her asymmetrical one shoulder beaded gown, with ultimate thigh high slit made her quite the vision in white! Just beautiful! I heard that she had a near wardrobe malfunction with her thigh high slit.... hmm....



3. Jennifer Lawrence in Dior Couture(Best Old Hollywood)
I loved the old Hollywood glamour of the gown and the futuristic look of her skinny belt. It really accentuated her waist and modernized her look.

4. Morena Baccarin in Valentino
I loved how unique her Valentino gown was on the red carpet. She nailed it with airy pleats and beaded column down the middle of her torso. She is the winner of the Dare to be Different gown!

5) Jennifer Lopez in  Zuhair Murad ( based on curve appeal, boy the Golden Globes were lacking!!)
Jennifer worked the see through lace white applique gown! She got the award for "Gown for Most Curve Appeal" I loved how it looked on her. Artfully tailored and strategically placed design won her a top 10 spot on my list. Jennifer Lopez although not nominated knows how to win on the red carpet!



6) Kaley Cuoco in Catherine Kidd : Best Neckline
I loved loved Kaley's gown. Albeit, her color is fleshtone, but the neckline made the gown soo stunning!

7) Taylor Swift in Donna Karan (Best backless dress)
Finally! An edgier look!! I was excited to not recognize Taylor Swift in her uniformed sequin airy gowns! I loved the structure of the shift and the balance in the mermaid tail! Her hair, makeup and dress looked stunning! I just wished they used a little starch when they steamed her gown.


8) Naomi Watts in Zac Posen: ( Best Color)
The Oxblood color was so rich and gorgeous and I live for that train!!!

9) Jennifer Garner in Vivienne Westwood (Best Sequin design on Gown), worked that Garnet Sequined gown. She looks great. The neckline was perfect and the hue totally complemented her porcelain skin. Just glam.



Finally....
10) Selena Gomez in Atelier Versace! Sadly, she was covered in most photos but her dress looked better than a Golden Globe!! I give the gown Best Structure!  I loved the peplum structure, gold brocade design and corset of the gown as well as the aspect of it being a mini! Donatella makes great dresses!!



There you have it ladies, It was great stalking the red carpet and I look forward to what you thought were your faves!!

Time to put the binoculars away and hit the pillow!

Take Care!

Onyinye




No comments:

Get widget